We want to provide awareness, support and guidance to families, create strong connections encouraging community cohesion, and ensure that the community have access to the services that they require.
The seed that birthed the vision for GUBA Foundation was sown whilst organising the Ghana UK Based Achievement (GUBA) Awards. We realised that although there are many achievements to highlight, there are also many needs to address, for example health, disability, education and poverty needs.
As a foundation, we want to meet these and run different projects in order to raise funds and awareness. We are currently working on 'Closing the Gap - Infant Mortify' a project which aims to help reduce the infant mortality rate amongst Africans. The GUBA Foundation is on a journey and as we move on, we sincerely hope that you would join with us. Together we can make a significant difference!
- Africa: To aid in the reduction of infant mortality by fundraising for equipment and resources
- UK: To raise awareness within the African community and encourage participation in available health services in order to reduce the Infant Mortality death rate
Our Overall Objectives
- We aim to create equality of opportunities for Ghanaians/Africans* where they have access to real opportunities, recreational options and life services needed to reach their potential
- Enhance knowledge and awareness of issues that affect the community and provide evidence-based solutions that will allow them to get a deeper understanding of these areas.
- To focus on the social problems and challenges of the Ghanaian/African* community at large, with the view of creating a sense of individual and communal responsibility and participation in the remedying of such problems.
- Build and develop confidence within the Ghanaian/African* community, empowering them to engage and support the issues identified.
- To work in partnership with other bodies and organisations to deliver practical actions in order to meet the assessed needs of the community.